5.08.2008

Amigurumi

I first discovered amigurumi a couple of years ago.

Yesterday I made my first in almost a year. I took a hiatus from crocheting after too much crocheting. It wasn't really a conscious decision, it sorta just happened.

I got an amigurumi booklet from Saucylouise on Etsy sometime last year. She's located in Japan.

It's a great little book. I love Japanese instructions because they're so clear and easy to follow even if you don't understand the language. They're all about using pictures to show you what you're supposed to do. My mother used to use Japanese pattern books to make clothes for me.

Ull & his new "friend"

Ull kept stealing the body and hiding it in the bathroom. I thought he would be more interested when I finished but he hasn't really expressed and interest. Maybe it's the thrill of knowing that I need the body then and not now anymore. But like all things that belong to me and Fredrik, it now belongs to Ull and he will play with it at his leisure.

I'm not too happy about the way it turned out. The proportions look a bit strange. I think I will get some safety eyes for the next amigurumi I make.

No comments: