9.29.2006

punk rock backpack... completed...

So I got off my ass and finished the punk rock backpack...
UNFORTUNATELY... due to the load that i normally carry around on me... not only do the straps stretch... the whole bag sags from the weight... :(
I must say that it is most unfortunate that this should happen...
But here are some pictures of the finished product...
The exterior is knitted with 100% acryclic. (Bernat)










The interior is done with 100% cotton calico.








At the present moment it hangs on my closet door... I don't think that it is a total loss... but it still would've been nice to be able to use it...
I'm gonna try to look into some yarn that has less stretch and maybe divise a way to prevent the saggage... I put in a piece of cardboard in the bottom hoping that it would help just a little... but it still sagged... :(
If only I had a bit less to bring with me... but then I wouldn't bring a purse/bag at all if that was the case...
But it hasn't detered me from making more things... in fact... I'm rather looking forward to starting a new project...

No comments: